Perfect gooey chocolate brownies every time!
Preparation Time – 25 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
Servings – 16
- 100g Homecook Wonderbar Dark chocolate
- 175g unsalted butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 75g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 250g light brown sugar or muscovado sugar
- 1tbsp golden syrup
Serve warm with cream or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. For an extra indulgent treat, finish once cold with a layer of Chocolate buttercream.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. In a small saucepan, fill with a couple of centimetres of boiling water and place on the hob on low-medium heat. Break the chocolate into squares, place the unsalted butter and the chocolate into a bowl and put this on top of the saucepan to allow it to melt. Be careful that the hot water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Continue to stir until chocolate and butter have melted and combined. Once melted, take the bowl off of the heat and leave to one side to cool.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and the sugar together until a big frothy mixuture appears, this usually takes about 2-3 minutes. Pour in the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the larger mixing bowl and using a wooden spoon mix until combined.
- In the same bowl, sieve in the plain flour and cocoa powder. Carefully fold in to create a thick, chocolatey mixture. Add a tablespoon of golden syrup.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8 inch square cake tin, and place in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the crust on top is easily breakable and the contents inside are soft but not runny. Allow to cool, then serve and enjoy!