Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chewy chocolate chip cookies are always a hit. Perfect with a cup of tea or a glass of milk. If time allows, leave to chill overnight for the chewiest texture.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
Makes – 12
- 150g butter , softened
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180-200g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g Homecook Wonderbar Milk Chocolate, chopped into big chunks
- Mix the butter and sugar together using an electric whisk until very light and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla. Fold in the flour, baking powder, chocolate and salt as quickly as you can. Don’t overwork the dough as this will toughen the cookies.
- For the best flavour, leave the mixture overnight: either cover the bowl and chill, or roll the mixture into balls and chill.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan and line two baking sheets with parchment. Divide the mixture into balls. Space out evenly on the baking sheets, leaving enough space between each to allow for spreading.
- Bake the fresh cookies for 8-10 mins and the chilled ones for 10-12 mins, or until browned and a little crisp at the edges but still very soft in the middle, they will harden slightly as they cool. Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes before eating warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.