Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Who doesn’t love a warm chocolate chip cookie? A GIANT cookie is even better. Serve warm from the oven with a few generous scoops of vanilla ice cream…pure indulgence
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cook Time- 20 minutes
Makes – 1 giant cookie
- 200g butter at room temperature, plus extra for the pan
- 250g light brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 275g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g Homecook Wonderbar Chocolate, roughly chopped (we’ve used a mixture of Dark & Milk)
- vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 160C fan. Tip the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl, beat until combined, then stir in the yolks and vanilla. Tip in the flour, baking powder, chopped chocolate and a pinch of sea salt. Mix until a crumbly dough forms.
- Lightly butter a 25cm ovenproof frying pan/skillet. Spoon in and flatten the cookie mixture. For a gooey dessert, bake for 20 mins, leave to rest for 5 mins, then scoop straight from the pan and serve with ice cream, if you like. For a firmer cookie you can cut, bake for 30 mins, then leave to cool completely before cutting into wedges.