Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Show someone special how much they mean to you this Valentine’s Day.. the perfect treat for a special occasion!
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 minutes
Makes – 12 Strawberries
- 12 large strawberries, ripe
- 227g Homecook Wonderbar milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 227g Homecook Wonderbar white chocolate , roughly chopped
- gel food colouring(optional)
- chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, or sprinkles for topping (optional)
- Clean and thoroughly dry each strawberry. Place them on a paper towel-lined baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator until ready to dip.
- Poke a toothpick into the top of each berry to make dipping easier (if needed).
- Line a large sheet pan with bun cases
- Place 1 cup of dark chocolate in a dry bowl
- Melt the chocolate over a small pot of simmering water with the bowl of chocolate not touching the water.
- Gently stir the chocolate using a rubber spatula until the lumps are dissolved, trying not to incorporate air bubbles.
- When chocolate is melted, remove from the heat.
- Repeat the process with white chocolate in a separate bowl. Once the white chocolate is melted, use it for dipping. If colouring, add a small amount of gel colouring, stirring and adjusting the colour until the desired colour is reached.
- Dip each berry into the melted chocolates, shaking off any excess back into the bowl.
- Carefully lay each chocolate covered strawberry on the sheet pan, do not move until dried. If adding sprinkles, nuts, or chocolates, add them now while still wet.
- To drizzle extra chocolate on the dipped strawberries, transfer some of the melted chocolate into a small resealable bag, poke a little hole in the corner and pipe lines onto the dipped berries.
- Remove toothpicks once the chocolate has set before serving.