Chocolate Cut-Out Cookies
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cookie Heaven!
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 12
For the Cookies
- 120g butter, softened
- 150g white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 150g all purpose plain white flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
For the Filling and Decoration
- 180g smooth Panda peanut butter
- 60g butter, melted
- 50g icing sugar
- 250g Homecook Wonderbar – Milk Chocolate Flavour, melted
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl using an electric beater until light and fluffy; for about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat until just combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and beat until combined and a dough forms.
- Divide dough in half and roll each piece out between two pieces of parchment paper until it is about ¼ of an inch thick or ½ a cm.
- Cut out cookies using a round or square cookie cutter. Cut out a shape in the centre of half of the cookies using a smaller cookie cutter; we used a star shape!
- Bake cookies on a parchment lined tray for 10 minutes.
- Beat together peanut butter, butter and icing sugar until smooth.
- Dip half of the cookies into the melted chocolate and return to a baking tray lined with baking paper to set.
- Sandwich the set cookies together with peanut butter, chocolate side up.
- Store cookies in a sealed container for up to three days.