This is a classic donut recipe that turns out great every time. These easy chocolate frosted donuts: a perfect dough in texture and a delicious chocolate glaze.
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cook Time- 10 minutes
Makes – 9
FOR THE DONUTS:
- 240g plain flour
- 150g sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 180ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 90g Homecook Wonderbar Dark chocolate
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and spray your donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and vegetable oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture, and mix well.
- Transfer the dough into a piping bag and fill each donut cavity about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the doughnuts spring back when touched (do not overcook or they will dry out). Allow to cool slightly in the pan before removing.
- For the chocolate glaze: place chocolate, butter, honey and water in a medium bowl. Melt in 20 second increments in the microwave, stirring after each time, until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the chocolate glaze and then cover with sprinkles. Let cool for 20 minutes until the glaze is set, and enjoy preferably the same day.