Clusters of Chocolate granola that can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a snack throughout the day. We have ours with yogurt and topped with fresh fruit…
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cook Time- 50 minutes
Serves – 8
- 400g rolled oats / jumbo oats
- 100g almond flakes
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50g coconut flakes
- 6 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 100g Homecook dark 72% Cocoa chocolate, roughly chopped into chunks
- 100g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- A pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 140ºC/120ºC fan oven.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, cocoa, almonds, salt.
- Add coconut oil and honey into the dry one and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Spread the granola mixture on a large non-stick baking tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes, gently stirring the mixture with a spatula every 15 mins or so. Do not over stir, as this prevents the granola clusters from forming.
- Remove from the oven and mix in the pumpkin seeds and chopped dried apricots. Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes, until granola is golden and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Transfer into a large bowl and mix in the chopped chocolate. Break into clusters and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container or large jar for up to 1 month.