Chocolate Lava Cakes
Bake an impressive dinner party dessert with minimum fuss – these chocolate lava cakes have a lovely gooey centre
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cook Time- 20 minutes
- 100g butter, plus extra to grease
- 100g Homecook Wonderbar dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g light brown soft sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 50g plain flour
- single cream, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Butter 6 ramekins well and place on a baking tray.
- Put butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of hot water and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly for 15 mins.
- Using an electric hand whisk, mix in light brown soft sugar, eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla extract and finally plain flour. Divide the mixture among the ramekins.
- You can now either put the mixture in the fridge, or freezer until you’re ready to bake them. Can be cooked straight from frozen for 16 mins, or bake now for 10-12 mins until the tops are firm to the touch but the middles still feel squidgy.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of each pudding, then turn out onto serving plates and serve with single cream.