Chocolate Pancakes with Hot Chocolate Sauce
Looking for a great bank holiday brunch recipe, our chocolate pancakes with a warm chocolate ganache sauce is the perfect choice!
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time- 10 minutes
Serves – 4
- 185g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 65g granulated sugar
- 240 ml whole milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or 45g melted butter)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 85g Homecook Wonder Bar Milk chocolate, chopped into chunks
- butter or oil , for cooking
Chocolate Ganache Sauce
- 140g Homecook Wonder Bar Dark chocolate
- 120ml double cream
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt (or whisk well with a whisk). Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together egg and sugar until well combined. Add milk, oil (or melted butter), and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined and moistened. Do not over mix. Mix in chocolate chunks. Set batter aside and make the chocolate sauce.
- In a medium heatproof bowl, combine chocolate and cream. Microwave in 20- to 30-second increments, mixing in between, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside while making the pancakes.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Coat with butter or oil. For each pancake, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes, until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and the bottom appears to be done. Flip carefully and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with chocolate sauce (rewarm sauce in the microwave for a few seconds if needed).