The perfect combination of a fudgy chocolate brownie and the American favourite, S’mores..our triple layer biscuit, brownie marshmallow bars are amazing after a BBQ or even just as a mid-afternoon treat.
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cook Time- 40 minutes
For the Base
- 150g digestive biscuits
- 80g butter, melted
For the Brownies
- 60g butter
- 60ml light tasting olive oil
- 250g Homecook 72% Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk, whisked, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 90g flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 mug of mini or regular marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a 9inch square tin with baking paper and lightly grease with butter.
- Blitz biscuits to a fine crumb in your food processor. Mix the crumb with melted butter. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin, spread evenly using the back of a spoon and gently pat down. Place into the oven to bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together butter, oil and chocolate and melt in the microwave using 30 second increments; it should only take 2 -3 minutes total.
- Whisk sugar into melted chocolate mixture.
- Allow the chocolate mixture to cool for 5 minutes; until it’s cool to the touch but still very much liquid.
- Whisk in the eggs, ⅓ at a time. Add in the vanilla.
- Once combined, sieve in the flour and baking powder.
- Mix well until just combine, don’t continue to mix. Once the brownie batter is smooth and no flour remains it’s ready!
- Place the batter in on top of the biscuit base, spreading from the centre using the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully, for a few hours or overnight at room temperature before slicing.
- Preheat your grill. Place brownies on a grill safe tray once cut. Lay marshmallows on top of each and place under the hot grill for 2 -3 minutes, keeping a close eye on them to ensure they marshmallows don’t burn!
- Serve immediately for a warm gooey fudgy brownie!