Super- easy, signature dessert!
The tart for when you’re feeling fancy, the one that is sure to impress but actually requires minimal effort to make.
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Servings – 8 – 10
For the Base
- 220g ground almonds
- 20g cocoa powder
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 60ml maple syrup
For the Filling
- 170g Homecook 72% Chocolate, finely chopped
- 170g Homecook Wonderbar Milk Chocolate, finely chopped
- 250ml double cream
- 30g butter
Top with cream and cherries if desired or serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch fluted loose bottom tart tin with baking paper.
- Grease the sides of the tin with spray oil.
- Preheat your oven to 160C (300F).
- Mix together ground almonds, cocoa powder, butter, egg, and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Place mixture into prepared tart tin. Spread over the bottom and press up the sides using your finger tips.
- Prick the base of the mixture in the tart tin with a fork a few times over.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Check after 10 minutes and if it’s browning too quickly just cover it over with foil.
- Allow to cool in the tin completely before filling.
- Place cream and butter into a pot over a medium heat. Allow to heat through so it’s hot to the touch but not quite boiling.
- Place finely chopped chocolate into a bowl. Pour the cream over the chocolate, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Vigorously whisk together to form a smooth ganache.
- Pour into cooled tart tin and allow to set at room temperature for 2 hours before slicing.