A festive indulgence!
You can quite literally make these truffles with just two ingredients. There are some optional extras depending on your taste preferences, and basically whatever you choose to coat your velvety chocolate truffles in.
Preparation Time – 15 minutes + Chilling
Servings – 15 – 16
- 250g Homecook 72% Dark Cocoa Chocolate, finely chopped
- 180ml double cream
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 3 -4 cookies of choice crushed
- 2-3 tbsp of chocolate sprinkles
- Cocoa or cacao powder for dusting
- Place cream into a pot over a medium heat. Heat through for a couple of minutes until it’s just about to boil.
- Place finely chopped chocolate into a bowl. Pour over the cream and cover the bowl with cling film. Set to one side for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cling film and whisk the cream and chocolate together until smooth!
- Pour mixture into a 7 – 8 inch dish so that it sets a little quicker.
- Cover with cling film and place into the fridge for an hour. Remove and use a mini cookie scoop, melon ball scooper or teaspoons to create mounds of truffle mixture.
- Dust hands in cocoa or wear plastic gloves to make the process of rolling the truffle mixture into balls a little easier/less messy.
- Roll truffles in sprinkles, ground cookies or simply dust in cocoa powder or cacao powder.
You could also coat the truffles in ground nuts, alternative colourful sprinkles, freeze dried fruit powder or some desiccated coconut!