Christmas Tree Brownies
A Christmas treat everyone will love!
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 22- 25 minutes
Servings – 8
- 200g Homecook 72% Dark Cocoa Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 60g butter
- 60g sunflower or light tasting olive oil
- 60ml warm water
- 45g cornstarch
- 200g caster sugar
- 140g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20g cocoa powder
- Pretzel sticks and Homecook Wonderbar Dark Chocolate Flavour, for decorating
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Line an 8 – 9 inch round loose bottom tin with baking paper and lightly grease with spray oil.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave using 30 second intervals.
- Add butter and oil to melted chocolate and whisk to combine.
- Mix together warm water and cornstarch and add to the melted chocolate mixture.
- Add sugar and mix well to combine.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Whisk to combine and then transfer to your prepared tin.
- Bake for 22 – 25 minutes depending on how fudgy you would like them.
- Allow to cool fully before slicing into 8 triangles/TREES!
- Break pretzel sticks in half and dunk the end in some melted dark chocolate flavour cake covering to stick them to the wide edge of the brownie slices.
- Drizzle melted dark chocolate flavour cake covering over the top.