Easter Chocolate Muffins
These chocolate muffins are topped with a creamy chocolate butter cream and finished with Easter treats. We’ve used coloured chocolate miniature eggs but you can garnish with what ever you like
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time- 30 minutes
Serves – 12 – 14
FOR THE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- 100g Homecook Wonderbar Milk chocolate
- 115g unsalted butter
- 115g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 80g plain yogurt
- 60g plain flour
- 32g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 180-200g Homecook Wonderbar Milk chocolate, broken up into small pieces
FOR THE MILK CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 250g Homecook Wonderbar Milk chocolate
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g icing sugar
- Miniature Chocolate Eggs to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 220°C. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners (or butter your tin) and set aside.
- Chop the chocolate and butter, place in a medium bowl and heat in the microwave until melted and completely smooth. Add in the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, plain yoghurt and whisk well.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Fold in the wet ingredients until well combined. Add in the broken up pieces of chocolate.
- Spoon the batter into each cupcake liners, filling well to the top. Bake for 5 minutes at 220°C, then reduce the oven temperature to 175°C and bake for a remaining 15 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool before transferring them to a drying rack.
- To make the frosting, melt your milk chocolate in the microwave until smooth and leave to cool slightly. Using an electric whisk, whisk the softened butter and icing sugar together. Add to that the lukewarm melted milk chocolate and whisk until fluffy.
- Using a piping bag with a star nozzle, pipe a generous amount of the frosting over the muffins. You can alternatively use a spoon to spread it over. Top it with mini Easter eggs.