Easy Chocolate Fondants
These are such a treat but also minimum fuss – Rich dark chocolate with a lovely gooey centre. You can make ahead and serve hot fresh from oven.
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Makes – 6
- 100g butter, plus extra to grease
- 100g Homecook Dark Belgian chocolate 72%, chopped
- 150g light brown soft sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 50g plain flour
- cream, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Butter 6 moulds or ramekins well and place on a baking tray.
- Put 100g butter and 100g chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of hot water and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly for 15 mins.
- Using an electric hand whisk, mix in the light brown soft sugar, then the eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla extract and finally the plain flour. Divide the mixture among the moulds or ramekins.
- You can now either put the mixture in the fridge, or freezer until you’re ready to bake them. These can be cooked straight from frozen for 16 mins or bake now for 10-12 mins until the tops are firm to the touch but the middles still feel squidgy.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of each pudding, then turn out onto serving plates and serve with freshly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.