Halloween Chocolate Cupcakes
Tasty Halloween treats the kids will just love!
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
Servings – 10 -12
For the Cupcakes
- 100g white sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 95g flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 45g cocoa powder
- 120ml buttermilk
- 80ml light tasting olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten, room temperature
For the Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 220g 72% Homecook Wonderbar – Dark Chocolate flavour, melted and cooled
- 370g sifted icing sugar
- 20g cocoa powder, sifted
- 220g butter at room temperature diced
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
For Spider Webs*
80g Homecook Wonderbar – Milk Chocolate flavour, melted
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Preheat your oven 180◦C (350◦F).
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk together oil, eggs, buttermilk, and sugar.
- Add half the wet mixture to the dry and whisk to combine. Repeat with remaining wet ingredients.
- Batter will be thin. Half fill muffin liners and bake for 18 – 22 minutes – a toothpick inserted should come out clean!
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Beat together butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder using an electric beater in a large bowl, or use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Once combined, beat in the melted cooled chocolate.
- Spoon into a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes.
- Place melted chocolate into a piping bag with a small nozzle attached. Pipe spider webs onto a baking paper lined tray. Allow to set in the fridge or at room temperature. Stick a chocolate spider web into each cupcake to decorate.
*You can create your spider webs freehand or you can print off an image online to create the desired shape!