Hot Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
With there still being a slight chill in the morning, our Hot Chocolate Smoothie Bowl is the perfect breakfast while we move closer to those warmer summer days.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Chill Time – overnight
Serves – 1
- 240ml milk of choice (Dairy or Almond milk work best)
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 20g Homecook Dark 72% Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 40g rolled oats
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- The night before, add all ingredients (except chocolate & peanut butter) to the bowl of your blender and give it a stir to ensure that everything is well combined. Cover and place in fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to eat, blend on high until oats are fully broken down and a smooth and creamy consistency is reached.
- Transfer the smoothie to a small saucepan set over medium heat, add chocolate & peanut butter and bring to a simmer or boil, depending on how hot you want it. If the smoothie is too thick, add an extra splash of milk until desired consistency is reached.
- When your smoothie reaches your preferred temperature, transfer it to a bowl, garnish with toppings of choice, and enjoy!