No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
An Indulgent Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Whipped up in a food processor, this no bake cheesecake sets and slices with ease. If you want a slightly lighter cheesecake you can whip the cream and fold it into the chocolate filling mixture once the rest of the ingredients have been blended together! One for the chocolate lovers!
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – None
Servings – 10 -12
For the Base
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
For the Filling
- 300g Homecook 72% Cocoa Belgian Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 500g full fat cream cheese
- 100g caster sugar
- 200ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melted chocolate and chocolate decorations; optional*
- Line an 8 inch loose bottom round tin with baking paper; cover the base with a circle of baking paper fit to size and line the sides with strips.
- Place biscuits into your food processor and blitz to a fine crumb.
- Mix crumbs with melted butter and then transfer to the prepared tin. Spread evenly and press down with the back of a spoon. Place into the fridge while you make the filling.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or jug using 30 second increments; stir briefly after each one until the chocolate is melted.
- Clean out your food processor. Add the cream cheese to the food processor and blend until soft and smooth.
- Add sugar, cream, vanilla, and melted chocolate to the food processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively you can add the sugar, vanilla and chocolate. Blend until smooth. Whip cream in a separate bowl and then fold the cream into the chocolate and cream cheese mixture for a lighter consistency.
- Place filling on top of the base and leave to set in the fridge for at least three hours or overnight.
- Decorate with melted chocolate and some chocolate shapes if desired.
*We used a little melted dark chocolate on top of the cheesecake, and then created some little mini stars using Homecook Wonderbar – Milk Chocolate Flavour in silicone moulds for decorating the cheesecake.