Triple Chocolate Truffles
These triple chocolate truffles are such a treat. Truffles can be made with a wide range of toppings so feel free to try out your own flavour combinations
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
Cook Time- 5 minutes
Makes – 50
- 300g Homecook Dark 72% Cocoa
- 300ml double cream
- 50g unsalted butter
- 300g Homecook Wonderbar White Chocolate
- 100g Homecook Wonderbar Milk Chocolate
- Chop the chocolate and tip into a large bowl. Put the cream and butter into a saucepan and heat gently until the butter melts and the cream reaches simmering point. Remove from heat, then pour over the chocolate. Stir the chocolate and cream together until you have a smooth mixture. Cool and chill for at least 4 hrs.
- To shape the truffles, dip a melon baller in hot water and scoop up balls of the mixture, then drop the truffles onto greaseproof paper. Or lightly coat your hands in flavourless oil (such as sunflower) and roll the truffles between your palms.
- Coat your truffles immediately after shaping. To coat in chocolate, line a baking tray with baking parchment. Melt white chocolate and allow to cool slightly. With a fork, pick up one truffle at a time and hold over the bowl of melted chocolate. Spoon the chocolate over the truffle until well-coated. Place on the baking tray, then chill.
- Once chilled, melt milk chocolate, using a fork drizzle melted chocolate over to achieve a criss-cross pattern.