White Chocolate Lemon Curd Cheesecake
Our delicious no bake white chocolate lemon curd cheesecake is the perfect early summer dessert, the sweetness of white chocolate mixed with a sharp lemon curd is simply gorgeous!
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Chill Time- Overnight
Serves – 8
For the Base
- 250g Digestive biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
For the Filling
- 200g Homecook Wonderbar White Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 200ml double cream, room temperature
- 300g mascarpone cheese or full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 3 -4 tbsp Chivers lemon curd
- Mini meringue bites
- Lemon Zest
- Line an 8 inch loose bottom cake tin with baking paper and grease with butter.
- Blitz digestives biscuits to a fine crumb in your food processor. Mix together the biscuit crumbs with your melted butter and place into the prepared tin. Spread evenly and pack down gently using the back of a spoon.
- Place the base into the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave using 30 second increments. Set to one side until cool to the touch but still liquid.
- Meanwhile beat together the cheese and double cream in a large bowl using an electric beater or whisk until soft barely there peaks form.
- Make sure the chocolate is cool, and the cream and cheese are as close to the same temperature as possible; basically not cold, otherwise the chocolate will seize in clumps when it’s added.
- Fold the chocolate into the cream cheese mix. Spread the mixture over the prepared base and place into the fridge to set for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove from the tin, top with lemon curd, lemon zest and mini meringue bites if using. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days. Allow to sit at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before serving for the best consistency!