White Chocolate & Raspberry Traybake
A lighter alternative to the traditional Chocolate brownies. Chunks of white Chocolate and fresh raspberries in every bite!
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
Serves – 8
- 200g butter, plus extra for the tin
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- small pinch of ground cinnamon
- 6 large egg whites
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 100g Homecook Wonderbar White Chocolate, broken into chunks
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Cream, to serve
- Melt the butter in a small pan until sizzling. Watch it carefully as you don’t want it to burn, the butter will foam, and, when the foam subsides, it will turn from yellow to a nutty brown. Remove from the heat, pour into a clean bowl to stop it cooking and leave to one side to cool.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan. Butter a 20 x 25cm baking tin at least 4cm deep and line with baking paper. In a bowl mix together the sugar, flour, almonds and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites using an electric whisk to soft peaks. Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the flour mix using a large metal spoon. Slowly pour in the cooled brown butter, folding it in until everything is combined and the batter is light. Pour into the prepared baking tin. Scatter over the raspberries and chunks of white chocolate.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until firm. Leave to cool in the tin, then dust with some icing sugar and cut into squares or bars. Serve with cream for an extra bit of indulgence