White Chocolate Truffles
Chocolate truffles are so easy to make and are the perfect sweet treat or homemade gift for a loved one. Truffles are so versatile and can be made in every flavour with a combination of toppings.
Preparation Time – 40 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 minutes
Chilling Time- 5 hours or overnight
Makes – 30
- 300g Homecook Wonderbar white chocolate , chopped
- 120ml double cream
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla paste, or 1-2 tbsp liqueur of your choice
- 200g Homecook Wonderbar white chocolate , chopped
- finely chopped desiccated coconut, cocoa, or sprinkles
- Melt the chocolate, cream and butter in a heatproof bowl over a small pan of just simmering water, stirring regularly. Stir in any flavourings you like (add them gradually and taste the mix, the flavour will be stronger when chilled). Transfer to a small baking dish or shallow container and chill in the fridge until set, about 4 hrs or overnight.
- Using a large melon baller or a teaspoon, scoop truffles from the set mixture, or using clean hands briefly roll between your palms, then transfer to a lined baking tray. Chill in the freezer for 30 mins to firm up.
- To decorate, melt the chocolate the same way as in step 1, leave to cool a little, then drop the chilled truffles into the chocolate and lift out with a fork. Put back on a lined baking tray and sprinkle over any toppings, if using, and chill again in the fridge for 1-2 hrs, or freeze for 30 mins, until set. Store in a cool place or in the fridge serving.